Healthcare is one of the most demanding industries today, requiring employees to have specific skills and knowledge. One of these skills is wearing scrubs that can protect you from infections and injuries while providing comfort. However, different types of medical scrubs are available in the market, making it hard for a person to choose the best pair for them. Before purchasing a medical scrub, several factors need to be considered, so you will know how well it will fit your needs:
Listed below are the essential factors to consider before purchasing a medical scrub:
Soft, Breathable and Long Lasting
- Soft and breathable: Scrubs should be made of soft and breathable fabric to ensure you’re comfortable throughout your shift. These fabrics should also be easy to wash so they won’t lose shape after repeated washing.
- Durable and long-lasting: Since medical scrubs are worn for long periods, they must last as long as possible without losing their original condition or quality. This is why it’s advisable to choose medical scrub pants made from durable materials such as cotton or denim.
- Breathable fabric: Because many doctors spend most of their working hours at hospitals or clinics where air conditioning is always in high mode, having a loose jacket with open-weave patches allows for better circulation in hot weather conditions.
Comfort and Material
- Comfort: Comfort is the most crucial factor when purchasing a medical scrub because it will likely be worn for numerous hours during long and nighttime duty shifts in hospitals. A comfortable medical scrub will also help improve morale among employees working long hours in stressful situations such as emergency rooms or operating rooms where they have to move quickly from one task to another.
- Material: The material will determine how comfortable, durable and breathable the scrub is. Before purchasing one, determine if the material suits your job setting.
The size and fit of your scrubs are essential factors to consider. The most common mistake people make when purchasing their first pair of scrubs is choosing a size that is too big or too small. This can lead to discomfort while wearing them at work, which could harm your health and performance as a nurse.
To ensure the best choice for your body shape, it’s best to understand how the sizing system works for scrubs. Most brands use a sizing system based on height and weight measurements instead of waist or hip measurements because these two areas are typically not affected by fluctuations in weight or height from person to person. To figure out which brand will fit you best based on this system, follow this step:
Measure your waist circumference with tape (usually around where pants hang). Using men’s pants as an example, measure where pants would sit on the hips rather than on the belly button level like women’s clothes and do with theirs!
The design and colour of your medical scrub are essential considerations. You want something comfortable, stylish and appropriate for your profession.
Solid-coloured scrubs are an excellent choice if you’re looking for a classic look that’s easy to wear and maintain. Solid colours can also be worn with other pieces like jackets or accessories to create unique looks. If you prefer patterns in your wardrobe, consider purchasing scrubs with small prints instead of large ones; this will make it easier for you to mix and match different pieces at work or for a night out in town!
When buying scrubs from any online store, there are some items to consider. You need to ensure you get the right fit for your body type and that the material is comfortable for long periods. No matter what colour or style you choose, be sure it’s a brand with good-quality construction so that it lasts through multiple washes without fraying at the seams or fading in colour over time!